Monday, August 16, 2010

The beginning of things


I did a little research and found out there are over 125 million blogs!  Compared to the 7 billion people in the world I suppose that’s a relatively small sample of human lives.  (And by research I mean I just made those numbers up, cause it's absolutely impossible to even know how many people are on earth anyways.  Not every nation has a census!)  But regardless of specifics and facts, the truth of the matter is that there are many people out there with many stories and an infinite amount of opinions.  So why this blog? Why me? Why now?  Well I don’t know.  And those questions are dumb.  (I do find it ironic that such questions are postured with humility.  I mean let's be honest, we all know you're going to spend the next three paragraphs trying to convince us to read your blog...)

Well guess what!  I'm going to do it in only one paragraph!

I only write because God has blessed me, and has done so in ways I have yet to recognize or fathom.  Some may look at you or me and say, ‘that’s a pretty ordinary life,’ but in all humility I must disagree, for I see everyday how God works in my life, in ways that are beyond ordinary, and always full of grace. And through His grace I will sift through the life He has set before me, to see the world from the perspective of salvation that rests alone in His son, Jesus Christ.  In other words, what you can expect from this blog are views on what I enjoy, what I have been blessed in enjoying – that being film, literature, music, sports, friendships, and everyday experiences – all of these encompassed by my ultimate passion: serving Christ, and thus loving Him and His creation with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment