Saturday, August 11, 2012

Photos and thoughts

The post-college life is quite interesting, especially when you still live in a college town and have a fairly flexible.  This picture looks a lot like college as all these people I befriended while in college, but it also looks a lot more "adult" and "mature" than most resemblances of the college life.  And not only more adult, but yes, more fun too. 

Anna Aderton took this picture.  I always find it interesting what others come up with.  Others' creativity is a source of inspiration. 

 I'm a fan of the back-shots while walking.  And I realize that I tend to hang out near the back of the pack.  It gives me more space to observe.

Beer. Settlers. Friends.  Life can sometimes be more complicated... but why?

Dan and Anna Aderton.  A year's worth of joy and marriage.  I really like these two.

There are a lot of things to say about this picture, and all of them profound.  I don't know what type of photographer I exactly want to be yet, and I don't know how to articulate my "style" but if I could capture a moment like this all the time,  I believe I'd be doing pretty well.  

Dan had been trying to get me to play Settlers of Catan for a while and I always resisted.  The game seemed complicated and long to learn.  I was not in the mood for something arduous.  However, once I finally committed to a game I was hooked.  To me, Settlers is a near perfect game.  A great combination between luck, skill, charm, and foresight.  I could probably play this everyday. 


Angles and architecture.  I'm still trying to translate what I see and what I think would be a good picture to it actually being a good picture.  What makes a good picture for me, is a good story.  I don't exactly know what that means as this picture is one that doesn't necessarily tell a story (hopefully it's still visually intriguing).  But I'm sure a story is there...

No comments:

Post a Comment