Monday, April 30, 2012

Coffee Thoughts


Right now I’m at a coffee shop with my roommate Henry.  (I won’t mention what coffee shop in hopes to pressure them into giving me free drinks for a name drop.  Leverage.)  I had a lot of thoughts and ideas in a crazy windstorm of inspiration. 
---
First, I want to justify more of thoughts and decisions with the statement: “to live is Christ and to die is gain.  For example:
“Hey Jake I really like that t-shirt.”
“Thanks.  To live is Christ and to die is gain.”
I think it’d raise some pretty prominent and weighty questions.  “Wow.  Jake is deep.  Real deep.
---
We were asked if we wanted plates for our muffins, and I said, “there is no better plate than my mouth.”  And then I immediately realized how much this is true, and how much that’s not a good thing. 
---
I read an article headline that said, “Umenyiora scoffs at Giants’ contract offers.”  New item on bucket list: scoff at a contract offer.  (Bonus points if there is a headline made about it: “McLaughlin says ‘pfffft’ to millions”) Someday, someday… 
---
I need to use the word ‘beautiful’ to describe how things taste.  And also use phrases like: “Man, that sunset looks really spicy.” Or “The colors in that photograph are quite salty.”
---
Let’s be honest, I’m never going to write part III of the “Bill the Baptist.”  Spoiler alert, he dies at the end. 
---
I want to start conversations with more provoking icebreaker questions:
“If you could get rid of one book of the Bible which one would it be?”
“Which friend would you feel the least sad if they died?”
“What’s been the worst part of your day so far?”
“How much do you weigh?  No really, how much?”

---
The one thing I miss about finals week:  Not studying. 

1 comment:

  1. I'll answer the four questions.

    1: Ruth. I'm not a woman worried about guarding her heart, and I don't care.

    2: Jesus. I actually rejoice at that fact.

    3: I played no cribbage and smoked no pipe

    4: I think I weigh like 195. I feel fatter. It's mostly body hair.

    ReplyDelete