Monday, June 11, 2012

Favorite Sports Commercials

During the NBA playoffs I've seen some pretty sweet commercials.  There are certain commercials that really intrigue me as I like the art of story telling in such a confined space and time.  Here are some of my all time favorite sports commercials that get me excited.  I get chills.  At times I may or may not tear up due to the sheer emotion that wells up in soul.

David Fincher's "Fate" for Nike.  Everything leads up to a single moment.


And then we have Michael Mann's companion piece:


I also love commercials that dream dreams, and think thoughts that we never would see in real life.  Like Michael Jordan playing against Michael Jordan:



Nike does it again with their "What If" commercial:



This is an NBA promo for Christmas, and it's just awesome. 


Finally, we have Tiger Woods.  I'm not a Woods fan per say, but he and Nike have teamed up to make some pretty sweet commercials.  I love these commercials because it unites the themes of identity and father-son relationship so well.  What's more affirming than your father speaking into your identity?


(Especially during times of trial)


This one is probably my favorite.  I get teary eyed every time. 







No comments:

Post a Comment